New Month's Resolutions: March



Gotta make this one quick because I am soooo behind on my school work. Also, before I forget, these photos are just a couple that I snapped on the day my nephew (my baby sister's baby) came into this world. They are long overdue (he was born December 21!), but better late than never, right? Hunter loves his baby cousin!

So how did I do with my goals last month?

Move! I moved some. I took my dance class 3 of the 4 Saturdays in the month of February, and  I would have gone the 4th Saturday, but we were out of town. I did a bit of walking, but not much.

Read one school book start to finish. Going to have to push this one into March. It just didn't happen. And it's going to be more like read all my school books. No excuses.

Keep my nails neat and tidy. This one, as silly as it is, is the one I am most proud of. I did not chew on my nails even once! They had clear conditioning polish for most of the month, and I just took it off to put a fresh coat. I think I am free of that bad nail-biting habit!

New goals for the month of March...

1. Study Italian via Duolingo, at least one lesson/day.

You probably don't know this, but I took two semesters of Italian in college. And even though that was almost 15 years ago (what the?), I still remember a lot. I think because I speak one other romance language (Spanish), Italian came pretty easily to me. I just want to keep it up, and get ready for our trip to Sicily!

2. Make study cards for written exams (Montessori diploma).

Not fun at all, but I am kind of freaking out. If I want to have a nice vacation where I am not thinking about school, I need to study A LOT during the next few weeks.

3. Hang up my clothes as soon as I take them off, and fold laundry as soon as it's dry.

Oh, yeah. Sloppy Amanda, just another bad habit I would like to work on.

Wish me luck, friends!


3 comments

  1. I love Duolingo! I am studying German on it, it's the first time I actually don't mind studying German ;-)
    And hey, if you need a buddy to practice your Italian, I'm here :-)
    Un grosso abbraccio :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa that sounds great.
    Love how we all follow our goals but don't be too upset or bumbed when not making it.
    I also use Duolingo to study Spanish and just the other day thought I need to get back to it. Thanks for the reminder.
    Cheers, Tobia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of Duolingo, too! It was perfect for my long bus commute to and from work. Good luck with your goals and all your studying!! And congrats on one bad habit down :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Words cannot express how much I appreciate your comments!

Copyright © Amanda Freerksen 2008-. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.
Maira G.