New Month's Resolutions: February






Greetings! Even though I didn't do so well with my January resolutions, I am actually looking forward to trying to keep my goals for February. So, how did I do with my goals last month?

Looking more put together... Well, I left the house looking put together 50% of the time, which is a huge improvement from last year. I have definitely made a good effort with my outfits, but hair and make-up have suffered, especially the last week or so.

Being on top of school work... Who was I kidding? That one really was an unrealistic goal because I started out the month already behind. Once I caught up with one area, I was behind in another. Oh well.

Singing more with Hunter... This is the one resolution I kept the whole month and have made a habit. Singing songs from the Sound of Music is now part of Hunter's bedtime routine. We look through the SoM pop-up book and stop at particular pages to sing "My Favorite Things," "Maria," and "So Long, Farewell."

My goals for February are kind of boring, maybe even a bit weird, but important to me nevertheless.

1. Move! 

At least twice a week. I stole this one from Elisa, but at the end of last month I checked out a hip-hop cardio class at a local dance studio and had so much fun. The class is every Saturday, so I for sure want to go the next four Saturdays in February and beyond! The other thing I could do very easily is go for a walk with Hunter after school. 

2. Read one school book start to finish.

Last September, I bought a stack of books for my Montessori training and have only cracked open 4 out of the 10 or so books. Of those 4, only one I have actually finished. Part of my goal will be to finish the other three, and the other part will be to start and finish a new one. I might be able to accomplish this since lectures are over now, and I have teaching practice for the last two weeks of the month. I need to read these books to help me prepare for my exams in May.

3. Keep my nails neat and tidy.

I used to paint my own nails or get a manicure nearly every week. That was YEARS ago. I was obsessed with OPI and Essie. Then I just got lazy, and my nail-biting habit came back. I hate that I have this bad habit, and I am determined to kick it. Maybe this will be the month! I invested in the Acquarella non-toxic nail polish system, so I need to make use of the products I bought.

Wish me luck!

P.S. The photos above are from a couple of weeks ago when we had a family outing to Seaport Village in downtown San Diego. Lovely day!


3 comments

  1. I love the photos! I cannot get over how big he's gotten, and how cute he is!
    I love that you guys sing from The Sound of Music every night, that's so awesome! I am a huge fan of musicals, and it has rub off on the girls, thank goodness, so I have someone to sing (albeit out of tune) with ;-)
    OMG, I should totally steal goal #3. My nails have been a complete disaster.

    Have a great month, Amanda! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think they're boring! Movement is super important! And I'm with you on the books... it's hard to start reading when you've gotten out of the habit of reading one book (start-to-finish) one right after another! I love that you sing 'Sound of Music' songs to your son :) Good luck this February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the nail business. ;) I hardly go get my nails done {money wise I think I'll save a few dollars} but try to keep them tidy but painting them myself with light colors. So far so good. I don't bite my nails but know how frustrating it can get from friends. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Words cannot express how much I appreciate your comments!

Copyright © Amanda Freerksen 2008-. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.
Maira G.