Over the past couple of years, I have attended a handful of first birthday parties. My go-to toddler gifts are a bag of Mega Bloks (Made in Canada), a Green Toys truck or airplane (Made in USA), or picture books. Well, this December it's my little boy's turn, and these are the goods that have caught my eye. (Though, I think we could give him a cardboard box for his birthday and it would be the best. present. ever.)
By the way, although I have my eye on these for Hunter, they are certainly gender-neutral gifts!
1. Vilac Birthday Race Car -- Hunter already has one small wooden car from this French company. Great design and quality.
2. Project Pomona Little Hipsters -- These diaper-friendly, adjustable jeans come in three sizes. A more petite 1-year-old could probably wear size two (9 months to 18 months) for a while. Made in USA.
3. Green Toys Shape Sorter -- Made of recycled plastic milk jugs in San Francisco, CA. Hunter has a tugboat and stacking toys by this company. Great colors and lots of fun!
4. Baby Bug Magazine -- The target age for this magazine is 6 months to 3 years. I spotted it at the local library and love how you can expose baby to a variety of literary genres in each issue, like poetry and non-fiction. Now available in Spanish! (For you grandparents, use code GRAND at checkout to get 35% off a one-year print subscription.)
5. Uncle Goose Spanish Alphabet Blocks -- The target age for these blocks is two (because even thought the paint and wood are non-toxic, they don't exactly encourage babies to gnaw on them), so I would totally display these in Hunter's room until he's past the put-everything-in-my-mouth stage. Check out the other languages, too. They're beautiful! Made in Michigan.
Do you have any go-to kid birthday gifts?