The QSP: Heidi Blütenkäse

I am a sucker for edible flowers. When my mom gave me an ice cream maker for Christmas one year, the first thing I made was lavender gelato. I was the only one in my house who ate it. So when I saw mountain flowers pressed into Heidi's newest cheese product, I had to try it. Surprisingly, everyone else around wanted to try it too (Kerry and Fiona were in town at the time).

I'm happy to report that this cheese is quite frankly delicious. Unfortunately, I believe this has nothing to do with the flowers. In fact, the flowers are pretty superficial. I was hoping for a hint of floral goodness, and I got nothing, which was completely disappointing. Although the mountain flowers make for an attractive cheese presentation, they are just for show.

Because I can find other cheeses that are equally tasty, I probably won't be buying this one again, unless its on Aktion.

Bottom line: Don't be fooled by the flowers.

3 comments

  1. I am totally with you on the edible flowers thing - I've had a recipe for lavender-lemon bars bookmarked for ages but I keep hesitating to make them because Matt hates both lemon baked goods and flowery baked goods. Which means I will eat all the lemon bars...myself. Good, but also bad. Maybe I can send you some? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romy, I hope you are being serious because lavender-lemon bars sound amazing. What a heavenly dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. Pity about the flowers. Flowers don't usually impart a strong flavour, do they? I really never tried.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Words cannot express how much I appreciate your comments!

Copyright © Amanda Freerksen 2008-. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.
Maira G.